In this science unit we learnt about different types of plants, how they grow and what a plant needs in order to grow successfully!
Activities to try at home
- Plant Diary - Plant your own seeds and keep a diary record explaining how they have grown - use pictures!
- Observe - When out for a walk, keep a photo or drawing collection of all the different types of flowers you see!
- Make - sketch, build, create your own flower pictures.
- Investigate - plant your seeds and leave them to grow in different areas of the house in different shades of light. Remember to give them all the same amount of water! - What do you notice?
- Information booklet - Create your own information booklet/ page explaining what you know about plants. You can use this link to help you!
Below outlines the objectives we covered in this unit.